The dramatic mountain landscapes await on this remarkable tour of discovery across Switzerland. Journey from mountain hideaways high above a sophisticated lakeside resort to the coldest corner of Switzerland, this tour is a wintry combination of very different excursions and destinations. Explore the mystic valley also called ‘The Siberia of Switzerland’, follow in the footsteps of famous author Thomas Mann in Davos-Schatzalp and travel on Switzerland's most popular train – the Glacier Express.
Day 1 - Arrival
From Zürich by train to DavosPlatz. Ride the funicular to the top of Schatzalp Mountain where your hotel is located at 1,861m. Afternoon to explore via the winter walking trails all around.Overnight Hotel Schatzalp.
Day 2 - Horse-Drawnsleigh Ride
Descent by funicular or toboggan(small suppl.) to the highest town in Europe, Davos. Browse the many art galleries, cafés, and shops or head for the winter sports areas surrounding Davos. In the early afternoon enjoy a 1-hour horse-drawn sleigh ride in one of the magical valleys nearby. In the unlikely event of insufficient snow down in the valley the sleigh will be replaced with a horse-drawn carriage ride.Overnight Hotel Schatzalp.
Day 3 - Scenic Route Tolake Geneva
The Glacier Express may not be the quickest route but certainly the most scenic with breath-taking views along the way. Overnight in Montreux.
Day 4 - Winter Fun In Gstaad
Travel by Golden Pass train to the chalet town of Gstaad. Well known for its vast ski area the picture postcard winter sports resort is equally attractive to non-skiers,with it beautiful panoramic setting amidst the pristine alpine winter scenery. Soak up the atmosphere,go on one of the many winter walking trails or simply enjoy lunch in one of the excellent restaurants long established here. In the evening return to Montreux.
Day 5 - Montreux & Neuchâtel
In the morning take time to explore Montreux with its serene lake side promenade. In the afternoon board a train for the short transfer to Neuchâtel. Overnight in Neuchâtel.
Day 6 - The Siberiaof Switzerland
Not far from Neuchâtel you will find the mystical valley of La Brévine where temperatures in winter have been known to drop to -40°C! Warm up with a short winter walking trail (approx.3km) which passes many typical farmhouses and the lake, Lac desTailleres. After braving the cold,pick-up your ‘ice diploma’ at one of the restaurants in the valley and indulge in some local specialties.Return and overnight in Neuchâtel.
Day 7 - BernMedieval
After breakfast take a short rail transfer to Bern, Switzerland’s capital. Easily explored on foot,the city center feels like a step back in time with its cobbled streets, water fountains and 15th century buildings. Be sure to visit one of the cellar restaurants for an atmospheric dining experience.Overnight in Bern.
Day 8 - Departure
If your flight time allows do some last minute souvenir shopping in the quirky shops located in the ‘Lauben’ – Bern’s covered walkways. Rail transfer to Zürich and return home or continue onward journey.
- Rail travel in 2nd class as per programme incl. half-fare card
- 7 nights’ accommodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride
- Day trip to Gstaad
- Day Trip ‘The Siberian Switzerland’
- Glacier Express Seat Reservation
- Local taxes
- Travel documentation
|Upgrade to 1st class rail||CHF 150|
|Glacier Express 3-course lunch||CHF 45|
|Prices per person in CHF|
|3 star hotels, 2nd class rail||1174||1552|
Terms & Conditions - Regular & Specialized Tours based on Swiss Travel System :
The following conditions regulate the legal relations between you (hereinafter referred to as the client) and Swiss Voyages, a brand of Swiss Travel Bureau GmbH (STB), concerning travel arrangements or other services provided by STB.
- The full travel price or balance shall be paid before commencement of the tour. In the event of payment not being received by the agreed date, we reserve the right not to provide the tour services and also to claim cancellation costs in accordance with below mentioned cancellation costs. In the event of any tour being booked less than 28 days before the date of departure, the entire tour amount shall be paid upon receipt of our confirmation. Also STB reserves the right to charge the additional costs for sending the documents overseas or depositing them at our partner counter at Swiss Airports.
- The contracted services provided by STB shall be exclusively in accordance with the services described in the tour confirmation. We shall assume no liability for any services subsequently added by other parties.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are quoted net and in Swiss Francs CHF.
- Swiss Airport + travel documents deposit fee: CHF 35.– per file (Subject to change).
- Document Handover in person with meet & greet: CHF 100
- Amendment before conclusion of contract STB shall assume no responsibility for amendments to the tour programme resulting from circumstances beyond our control, measures taken by official authorities, and delays by third parties. However, STB shall make every effort to inform the client as early as possible of any amendments to the tour programme.
- Amendment fee: CHF 100.– per file by change of travel date, change of hotel category or name change! (All subject to availability).
- The client may cancel any tour before the departure date. In such an event, STB must receive the cancellation in writing before the said date.
- The following cancellation fees shall apply:
|Up to||31 days||20%||80%|
|30 days||20 days||40%||60%|
|19 days||4 days||80%||20%|
|3 days||0 days||100%||0%|
- In the event of the client suffering harm or damages or the tour not corresponding with the contracted agreement, the client shall be both entitled and obliged to inform the service provider immediately and request redress. The service provider shall be obliged to provide assistance within a reasonable time. Should such assistance prove impossible or inadequate, the client shall be required to obtain from the service provider in question written confirmation of the harm or damage suffered and the lack of inadequacy of the assistance provided. The service provider in question shall be obliged to furnish such confirmation, but shall not be authorized to approve any such demands for damage or compensation.
- STB shall reimburse the client for the value of contracted but not provided or poorly provided services or for any additional expenditure incurred, only if it was not possible for the service provider to supply a comparable substitute service on the spot.
- In the event of international agreements restricting liability for inadequate or non-fulfilment of contracts, STB reserves the right to apply the conditions of such agreements. Such international agreements exist predominantly in the field of transportation.
STB shall not be liable to the client if non-fulfilment of the contract can be traced to the following causes:
- Negligence on the part of the client before or during the tour
- Unforeseeable or unavoidable negligence by any third party who is not a party to the contracted provision of services.
- Acts of God or any occurrence which, despite care and attention, could not have been foreseen or avoided by STB, the intermediary or service provider. In such cases, STB shall not be liable for payment of any compensation or damages whatsoever.
Personal injury, accidents, illness in the event of personal harm, death, physical injury or illness arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the company shall assume liability only if such harm, death, physical injury or illness was occasioned by STB or service providers. Any such liability shall be subject to international agreements.
Loss or damage of property
- In the event of loss or damage of property arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the liability of STB shall be restricted to a maximum sum equal to twice the tour price, unless such damage or loss was caused intentionally or due to negligence by the client or tour participants. Amounts of any such liability shall be subject to lower limits specified by international agreements.
- The liability of travel, transport and airline companies is limited. STB therefore recommends the client to arrange for appropriate supplementary insurance cover (for example luggage, cancellations, accidents, illness, and possible repatriation costs). The all-inclusive prices quoted by STB include no insurance cover.
Entry, visa and health regulations
- STB shall not be responsible for the issuing or prolongation of any travel documents and visas. In the event of a cancellation due to the non-receipt or late receipt of a travel document, the Cancellation conditions shall apply.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction in contractual relations between you and STB, only Swiss law shall apply. In the event of any legal action against STB, notice of such action shall be submitted only to the head office of STB in Zürich, Switzerland.