This tour is the perfect way to visit the very best of Switzerland on some of the most exciting scenic train journeys in Europe. Stop off at famous Swiss lakeside and mountain resorts as well as visiting the oldest city in the country. Add excursions and additional nights according to your wishes.
Day 1 - Explore Lucerne
Arrive in Switzerland; transfer by train to Lucerne. This city is the gate way to central Switzerland.Situated on Lake Lucerne, it is embedded within an impressive mountainous panorama. Explore the historic city center of Lucerne and the fully restored Chapel Bridge – one of Europe’s oldest wooden bridges and landmark of Lucerne. Take advantage of the included Half Fare Card and add optional tours including a scenic lake cruise by paddle wheel steamer or motor vessel. The impressive
mountains can be reached easily with excursions to Pilat us or Stanserhorn nearby.
Day 2 - Discover Interlaken
Travel by Lucerne – Interlaken Express in the panorama carriageto Interlaken. This well-known resorts its in the heart of the Bernese Oberland and the Swiss Alps and is the perfect place to explore theJungfrau region with the famous peaks Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Interlaken nestles between thetwo beautiful lakes of Thun and Brienz and its impressive panorama of mountains and lakes as well as the excellent rail, road and boat connections make it one of the most popular resorts in Switzerland.Optional mountain excursions can be arranged to Jungfraujoch, the highest train station in Europe or to the impressive Swiss Sky lineat Piz Gloria on the Schilthornto experience the world of James Bond.
Day 3 - Golden Passpanoramic To Montreux
Enjoy your journey in the panoramic carriage on the Golden Pass Line to Montreux. Take in the impressive landscapes along Lake Thun and the snow covered plains of the Simmental before you change in Zweisimmen and continue your journey to the shores of Lake Geneva. The world-famous resort of Montreux is located in the heart of the Swiss Riviera. It boasts a beautiful lakeside location, a mild climate and, of course, the famous Château de Chillon (extra charge),one of the best preserved medieval castles in Europe.
Day 4 - Zermatt
Travel to Zermatt by train. The impressive Matterhorn tower sin the background of Zermatt,one of the best-known resort sin Switzerland. Zermatt has a lively, sparkling atmosphere quite different to other mountain resorts.Its picturesque center is a joy to explore on foot: traffic-free, only electric cars and horse-drawn carriages are allowed! The classic town center is maintained in a traditional style, with typical Swiss houses and shop fronts lining the streets. Optional excursion to the Gornergrat can be arranged.
Day 5 - Glacier Expressto Chur
The world-famous Glacier Express takes you on an exciting panoramic ride to Chur. Along the Rhone Valley you travel through an incredibly fascinating part of the Alps. From Chur you travel in the afternoon to the border ora Swiss airport.
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 4 nights’ accommodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Seat reservation on Glacier Express
- Seat reservation on Golden Pass
- Travel documentation
|Stanserhorn Excursion – half fare||CHF 46|
|Pilatus Excursion – half fare||CHF 36|
|Jungfraujoch Excursion – half fare||CHF 105|
|Gornergrat Excursion – half fare||CHF 39|
|Upgrade to 1st class rail||CHF 142|
|Add 1-course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 32|
|Add 3-course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 45|
|Add 4-course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 50|
|Add 3-course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 13|
|Prices per person in CHF|
|3* hotels, 2nd class rail||802||1045|
|4* hotels, 1st class rail, 1-course Lunch on Glacier Express||1030||1296|
|Available all season except 18 Dec – 02 Jan|
Terms & Conditions - Regular & Specialized Tours based on Swiss Travel System :
The following conditions regulate the legal relations between you (hereinafter referred to as the client) and Swiss Voyages, a brand of Swiss Travel Bureau GmbH (STB), concerning travel arrangements or other services provided by STB.
- The full travel price or balance shall be paid before commencement of the tour. In the event of payment not being received by the agreed date, we reserve the right not to provide the tour services and also to claim cancellation costs in accordance with below mentioned cancellation costs. In the event of any tour being booked less than 28 days before the date of departure, the entire tour amount shall be paid upon receipt of our confirmation. Also STB reserves the right to charge the additional costs for sending the documents overseas or depositing them at our partner counter at Swiss Airports.
- The contracted services provided by STB shall be exclusively in accordance with the services described in the tour confirmation. We shall assume no liability for any services subsequently added by other parties.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are quoted net and in Swiss Francs CHF.
- Swiss Airport + travel documents deposit fee: CHF 35.– per file (Subject to change).
- Document Handover in person with meet & greet: CHF 100
- Amendment before conclusion of contract STB shall assume no responsibility for amendments to the tour programme resulting from circumstances beyond our control, measures taken by official authorities, and delays by third parties. However, STB shall make every effort to inform the client as early as possible of any amendments to the tour programme.
- Amendment fee: CHF 100.– per file by change of travel date, change of hotel category or name change! (All subject to availability).
- The client may cancel any tour before the departure date. In such an event, STB must receive the cancellation in writing before the said date.
- The following cancellation fees shall apply:
|Up to||31 days||20%||80%|
|30 days||20 days||40%||60%|
|19 days||4 days||80%||20%|
|3 days||0 days||100%||0%|
- In the event of the client suffering harm or damages or the tour not corresponding with the contracted agreement, the client shall be both entitled and obliged to inform the service provider immediately and request redress. The service provider shall be obliged to provide assistance within a reasonable time. Should such assistance prove impossible or inadequate, the client shall be required to obtain from the service provider in question written confirmation of the harm or damage suffered and the lack of inadequacy of the assistance provided. The service provider in question shall be obliged to furnish such confirmation, but shall not be authorized to approve any such demands for damage or compensation.
- STB shall reimburse the client for the value of contracted but not provided or poorly provided services or for any additional expenditure incurred, only if it was not possible for the service provider to supply a comparable substitute service on the spot.
- In the event of international agreements restricting liability for inadequate or non-fulfilment of contracts, STB reserves the right to apply the conditions of such agreements. Such international agreements exist predominantly in the field of transportation.
STB shall not be liable to the client if non-fulfilment of the contract can be traced to the following causes:
- Negligence on the part of the client before or during the tour
- Unforeseeable or unavoidable negligence by any third party who is not a party to the contracted provision of services.
- Acts of God or any occurrence which, despite care and attention, could not have been foreseen or avoided by STB, the intermediary or service provider. In such cases, STB shall not be liable for payment of any compensation or damages whatsoever.
Personal injury, accidents, illness in the event of personal harm, death, physical injury or illness arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the company shall assume liability only if such harm, death, physical injury or illness was occasioned by STB or service providers. Any such liability shall be subject to international agreements.
Loss or damage of property
- In the event of loss or damage of property arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the liability of STB shall be restricted to a maximum sum equal to twice the tour price, unless such damage or loss was caused intentionally or due to negligence by the client or tour participants. Amounts of any such liability shall be subject to lower limits specified by international agreements.
- The liability of travel, transport and airline companies is limited. STB therefore recommends the client to arrange for appropriate supplementary insurance cover (for example luggage, cancellations, accidents, illness, and possible repatriation costs). The all-inclusive prices quoted by STB include no insurance cover.
Entry, visa and health regulations
- STB shall not be responsible for the issuing or prolongation of any travel documents and visas. In the event of a cancellation due to the non-receipt or late receipt of a travel document, the Cancellation conditions shall apply.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction in contractual relations between you and STB, only Swiss law shall apply. In the event of any legal action against STB, notice of such action shall be submitted only to the head office of STB in Zürich, Switzerland.