Day 1: Arrival in Lucerne
Arrival in Lucerne by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day 2: Lucerne to Lugano (2h10)
Train journey from Lucerne to Lugano. Experience the new Gotthard Base Tunnel – with 57 kilometers it is the longest train tunnel in the world. It takes only 17 minutes to travel this fast flat-track route under the Alpine massif in the heart of Europe. Optional add the Gotthard Panorama Express. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 3: Lugano
Time at leisure in Lugano. Enjoy the Mediterranean atmosphere in the southern part of Switzerland. Stroll along the lakeside promenade or go up to Monte Bre or San Salvatore. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 4: Bernina Express to St. Moritz (6h45)
Today you travel with the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy an Alpine switchback ride, taking you from the swaying palms of the Ticino and Italy up to the high, towering glaciers of the mountains. The Bernina Express is the highest railway line across the Alps, linking Northern and Southern Europe in the most spectacular way! The Bernina Express coach takes you to Tirano where you will have time for an optional lunch break. Then board the Bernina Express train to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 5: St. Moritz
Time at leisure for excursions in and around St. Moritz. During summer most of our hotels in St. Moritz offer you free travel on the Oberengadiner mountain railways and public transport. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 6: Glacier Express to Zermatt (8h)
Today you board the Glacier Express for one of the greatest train journeys in the world. On an 8hour rail journey the world’s slowest express train takes you across 291bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Passat 2’033 m. Travel in comfort through the unspoilt natural beauty of a landscape rich in ancient, fragrant mountain forests, peaceful Alpine meadows, rushing mountain streams and mountain valleys, soaked in tradition and centuries-old culture. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 7: Zermatt
Full day at leisure in Zermatt. We suggest either an excursion to the Gornergrat, the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, the Rothorn or take a walk in the unspoilt beautiful nature of Zermatt. The best view of the Matterhorn is from the church bridge in Zermatt or from Sunegga which can be reached easily with the Zermatt mountain railways. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 8: Departure from Zermatt
Return to Swiss border or airport or individual onward journey.
Prices per person
The rates are dynamic and are subject to change marginally.
Our Price Includes :
- Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi: Rail Adventure (5 transfers) in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservation for Bernina Express (coach + train)and Glacier Express
- 1 night in Lucerne, 3* hotel, standard double room,with private facilities, breakfast
- 2 nights in Lugano, 3* hotel, standard double roomwith private facilities, breakfast
- 2 nights in St. Moritz, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- 2 nights in Zermatt, 3* hotel, standard double roomwith private facilities, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travelby rail, boat, postal-coach and cable car can bepurchased at 25–50% of the regular fares