Day 1: Arrival in Chur
Arrival individually in Chur by car or train. Check in to your hotel. Day free at own. Overnight in Chur.
Day 2: Bernina Express to Tirano (4h15)
Proceed to train station of Chur at your own or hotel shuttle if available. Board the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway (Rhätische Bahn) along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy Swiss Alpine switchback train ride taking you from the magnificent glaciers down to the swaying palms of Tirano - a typical northern Italian town with inviting squares, lined with shops and bars. Several palazzi like the Sertoli Salis and the imposing church of Madonna di Tirano are worth a visit here. Day free at your own. Overnight in Tirano.
Day 3: Tirano to Chur (4h15)
Check out after breakfast and proceed to the train station of Tirano. Board any regional train from to Chur. Among many exciting possibilities, one can have lunch stopover at a very special site Alp Grüm located at 2091 meters. The other option include make a stop at Bernina Diavolezza for an excursion with the aerial cableway up to the summit. Please note that the seat reservations are not possible on regional trains. Arrive Chur and proceed to your hotel. Overnight in Chur.
Day 4: Departure from Chur
Check out after breakfast. Enjoy a day at leisure in Chur at own. Individual travel by car or train to your place of residence or onward journey.
Price Per Person starting from:
The rates are dynamic and are subject to change marginally.
Our Price Includes :
- Swiss Half Fare Card
- Train ticket in 2nd class from/to Chur
- Seat reservation on Bernina Express
- 2 nights in Chur, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- 1 night in Tirano, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coach and cable car can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fares, valid in Switzerland only