A leisurely tour to two of Switzerland’s best known resorts. As popular in winter as in summer, the two lakeside resorts of Interlaken and Lucerne offer fantastic winter scenery and excursions for fun without skis. Explore high alpine peaks,Switzerland's traditional winter warmer – Cheese Fondue and enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
Day 1 - Arrival Ininterlaken
From Zürich airport via Bern to Interlaken. Afternoon at leisure.Overnight in Interlaken.
Day 2 - Excursion Tojungfraujoch
Day excursion to the Jungfraujoch– Top of Europe. Impressive views of snow-capped peaks and the magnificent Aletsch Glacier.Overnight in Interlaken.
Day 3 - Night Sledging& Fondue
Day at leisure. Enjoy some of the beautiful winter walks around or join the free walking tour of Interlaken(Mon, Wed or Sat). In the early evening pick-up from your hotel by minibus. Travel from Interlaken high into the Swiss Alps, take in the starlit winter panorama before riding down the 1 hour sledge run. Alongthe way the trail winds through woods, crosses alpine meadow sand passes majestic frozen waterfalls. The sledge run finishes at a small local restaurant for a traditional Swiss cheese fondue dinner. Overnight in Interlaken.
Day 4 - Lucerne
Travel by train over the Brünig Pass, past Meiringen famous for its Meringue and the demise of Sherlock Holmes, towards picturesque Lucerne. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day 5 - Fun On Mounttitlis Glacier
Snow and ice await you at the top of Mt. Titlis. Travel by train to the mountain resort of Engelberg. Take a leisurely stroll through the resort before taking the 2 sets of gondolas to the 3,020m high peak of Mount Titlis. Take the ice-flyer over the glacier’s crevasses, have some fun with the snow toys in the Glacier park and walk the Titlis Cliff walk – Europe’s highest suspension bridge. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day 6 - Horse-Drawnsleigh Ride On Mount Rigi
Journey by boat from Lucerne to Vitznau and by cogwheel train to Rigi Kaltbad. From here take a horse-drawn carriage or sleigh to Rigi First for a hearty Cheese Fondue at restaurant Bärenstube. On days when the horse-drawn Lucernecarriage is not operating travel to Rigi Kulm, collect your snow shoes and walk towards the Cheese Farm xChäserenholz for a Cheese Fondue before walking down to Rigi Staffel for your return journey to Lucerne.
Day 7 - Departure
Travel by train back to Zürich for your onward journey or return flight home.
- Rail travel in 2nd class as per programme incl. half-fare card
- 6 nights’ accommodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Mountain excursions to Jungfraujoch & Mount Titlis incl. ice flyer
- Night Sledging with Cheese Fondue
- Day Trip to Mount Rigi
- Horse-drawn carriage ride with Cheese Fondue
- Local taxes
- Travel documentation
|Upgrade to 1st Class||CHF 75|
|Prices per person in CHF|
|3* hotels, 2nd class rail||1352||1492|
|4* hotels, 2nd class rail, 1-course Lunch on Glacier Express||1426||1925|
Terms & Conditions - Regular & Specialized Tours based on Swiss Travel System :
The following conditions regulate the legal relations between you (hereinafter referred to as the client) and Swiss Voyages, a brand of Swiss Travel Bureau GmbH (STB), concerning travel arrangements or other services provided by STB.
- The full travel price or balance shall be paid before commencement of the tour. In the event of payment not being received by the agreed date, we reserve the right not to provide the tour services and also to claim cancellation costs in accordance with below mentioned cancellation costs. In the event of any tour being booked less than 28 days before the date of departure, the entire tour amount shall be paid upon receipt of our confirmation. Also STB reserves the right to charge the additional costs for sending the documents overseas or depositing them at our partner counter at Swiss Airports.
- The contracted services provided by STB shall be exclusively in accordance with the services described in the tour confirmation. We shall assume no liability for any services subsequently added by other parties.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are quoted net and in Swiss Francs CHF.
- Swiss Airport + travel documents deposit fee: CHF 35.– per file (Subject to change).
- Document Handover in person with meet & greet: CHF 100
- Amendment before conclusion of contract STB shall assume no responsibility for amendments to the tour programme resulting from circumstances beyond our control, measures taken by official authorities, and delays by third parties. However, STB shall make every effort to inform the client as early as possible of any amendments to the tour programme.
- Amendment fee: CHF 100.– per file by change of travel date, change of hotel category or name change! (All subject to availability).
- The client may cancel any tour before the departure date. In such an event, STB must receive the cancellation in writing before the said date.
- The following cancellation fees shall apply:
|Up to||31 days||20%||80%|
|30 days||20 days||40%||60%|
|19 days||4 days||80%||20%|
|3 days||0 days||100%||0%|
- In the event of the client suffering harm or damages or the tour not corresponding with the contracted agreement, the client shall be both entitled and obliged to inform the service provider immediately and request redress. The service provider shall be obliged to provide assistance within a reasonable time. Should such assistance prove impossible or inadequate, the client shall be required to obtain from the service provider in question written confirmation of the harm or damage suffered and the lack of inadequacy of the assistance provided. The service provider in question shall be obliged to furnish such confirmation, but shall not be authorized to approve any such demands for damage or compensation.
- STB shall reimburse the client for the value of contracted but not provided or poorly provided services or for any additional expenditure incurred, only if it was not possible for the service provider to supply a comparable substitute service on the spot.
- In the event of international agreements restricting liability for inadequate or non-fulfilment of contracts, STB reserves the right to apply the conditions of such agreements. Such international agreements exist predominantly in the field of transportation.
STB shall not be liable to the client if non-fulfilment of the contract can be traced to the following causes:
- Negligence on the part of the client before or during the tour
- Unforeseeable or unavoidable negligence by any third party who is not a party to the contracted provision of services.
- Acts of God or any occurrence which, despite care and attention, could not have been foreseen or avoided by STB, the intermediary or service provider. In such cases, STB shall not be liable for payment of any compensation or damages whatsoever.
Personal injury, accidents, illness in the event of personal harm, death, physical injury or illness arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the company shall assume liability only if such harm, death, physical injury or illness was occasioned by STB or service providers. Any such liability shall be subject to international agreements.
Loss or damage of property
- In the event of loss or damage of property arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the liability of STB shall be restricted to a maximum sum equal to twice the tour price, unless such damage or loss was caused intentionally or due to negligence by the client or tour participants. Amounts of any such liability shall be subject to lower limits specified by international agreements.
- The liability of travel, transport and airline companies is limited. STB therefore recommends the client to arrange for appropriate supplementary insurance cover (for example luggage, cancellations, accidents, illness, and possible repatriation costs). The all-inclusive prices quoted by STB include no insurance cover.
Entry, visa and health regulations
- STB shall not be responsible for the issuing or prolongation of any travel documents and visas. In the event of a cancellation due to the non-receipt or late receipt of a travel document, the Cancellation conditions shall apply.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction in contractual relations between you and STB, only Swiss law shall apply. In the event of any legal action against STB, notice of such action shall be submitted only to the head office of STB in Zürich, Switzerland.