Day 1: Arrival in Zermatt
Arrival in Zermatt by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport. Enjoy Zermatt, the famous car-free Alpine resort at the foot of the Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 2: Zermatt to Gornergrat (1h20)
From Zermatt, the popular Gornergrat Bahn, Europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat. The train crosses impressive bridges, galleries and tunnels. On the Gornergrat viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 3: Glacier Express to St. Moritz (8h)
Board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world. An 8 hour rail journey takes you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 4: St. Moritz
Day at leisure in St. Moritz. Chic, elegant and exclusive with a cosmopolitan ambiance, it is located at 1’856 min the middle of the Upper Engadine lake landscape. The dry, sparkling «champagne climate» is legendary and the celebrated St. Moritz sun shines for an average of 322days a year. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 5: Bernina Express to Lugano (6h45)
Today you travel with the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy an Alpine switchback ride, taking you from the high, towering glaciers of the mountains down to the swaying palms of Italy. The Bernina Express is the highest railway line across the Alps, linking Northern and Southern Europe in the most spectacular way! The Bernina Express train takes you to Tirano where you will have time for an optional lunch break. Then board the Bernina Express coach to Lugano in the beautiful Ticino. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 6: Departure from Lugano
Return to Swiss border or airport or individual onward journey.
Prices per person
Our Price Includes :
- Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi: Swiss Panoramic Trains(4 transfers) in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservation Glacier Express, Bernina Express(train + coach)
- Excursion to Gornergrat
- 2 nights in Zermatt, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- 2 nights in St. Moritz, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- 1 night in Lugano, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coach and cable car can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fares