Treat yourself to something special. This exclusive package combines luxury hotels with a premium scenic rail journey on the iconic Glacier Express and in the comforts of its Excellence Class - the most sought-after seats in Switzerland. Travelling through the Swiss Alps has never been so glamorous.
Day 1 - Arrival in St. Moritz
Arrive in Switzerland; 1st class rail transfer to St. Moritz. St. Moritz is more than just a holiday resort – it was the birthplace of alpine winter tourism. Enjoy the special lifestyle, characterized by top class hotels and restaurants as well as great shopping. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 2 - St. Moritz – Free Day
This day is at your free disposal. Explore the valleys of the Upper Grenadine, walk over frozen Lakeside, enjoy one of the many top excursions and experience the amazing scenery of the region. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 3 - Excellence Class on The Glacier Express
A fascinating rail journey on the slowest express train in the world, with unrivaled views. A 7-course lunch and many other amenities are included – the most pleasant and impressive way to travel between the two world-famous resorts. Arrive late afternoon in Zermatt at the foot of the mighty Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 4 - Zermatt
Time today to explore historic Zermatt at the foot of the most photographed mountain. For the best views we recommend an excursion to Gornergrat – the local mountain that has stunning views. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 5 - Departure
Rail transfer in 1st class to Zurich or Geneva and return journey home.
- Rail travel in 1st class as per programme with Swiss Travel Pass
- Seat reservation in the Excellence Class of Glacier Express
- A seven-course menu and the Glacier Bar for an aperitif
- 4 night's accommodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast in hotels
- City Tax
Complementary Services in Excellence Class
Coach & Services
Lounge seating with guaranteed window seat
Trendy Glacier Bar with enjoyable cocktail variations in the coach (add. costs)
Tablet with Bordinfotainment
Concierge as host in the Excellence Class
Red carpet welcome desk & personal check in at the station platform in St. Moritz and Zermatt
Luggage transport in dedicated lockable sections aboard
Coffee, juice, champagne
Regional 7-course menu incl. wine accompaniment
Tea Time in the afternoon with goodies
Soft drinks & fruit juices
Snacks throughout the day available
|Prices per person in CHF|
|5* hotels, 1st class rail & Excellence Class on Glacier Express||3475||3875|
GOOD TO KNOW
The Excellence Class Package can also be combined with 3* or 4* hotels upon request.
Additional Hotel Night stay in Zurich/Geneva - CHF 210 per person per night inclusive Breakfast
Terms & Conditions - Regular & Specialized Tours based on Swiss Travel System :
The following conditions regulate the legal relations between you (hereinafter referred to as the client) and Swiss Voyages, a brand of Swiss Travel Bureau GmbH (STB), concerning travel arrangements or other services provided by STB.
- The full travel price or balance shall be paid before commencement of the tour. In the event of payment not being received by the agreed date, we reserve the right not to provide the tour services and also to claim cancellation costs in accordance with below mentioned cancellation costs. In the event of any tour being booked less than 28 days before the date of departure, the entire tour amount shall be paid upon receipt of our confirmation. Also STB reserves the right to charge the additional costs for sending the documents overseas or depositing them at our partner counter at Swiss Airports.
- The contracted services provided by STB shall be exclusively in accordance with the services described in the tour confirmation. We shall assume no liability for any services subsequently added by other parties.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are quoted net and in Swiss Francs CHF.
- Swiss Airport + travel documents deposit fee: CHF 35.– per file (Subject to change).
- Document Handover in person with meet & greet: CHF 100
- Amendment before conclusion of contract STB shall assume no responsibility for amendments to the tour programme resulting from circumstances beyond our control, measures taken by official authorities, and delays by third parties. However, STB shall make every effort to inform the client as early as possible of any amendments to the tour programme.
- Amendment fee: CHF 100.– per file by change of travel date, change of hotel category or name change! (All subject to availability).
- The client may cancel any tour before the departure date. In such an event, STB must receive the cancellation in writing before the said date.
- The following cancellation fees shall apply:
|Up to||31 days||20%||80%|
|30 days||20 days||40%||60%|
|19 days||4 days||80%||20%|
|3 days||0 days||100%||0%|
- In the event of the client suffering harm or damages or the tour not corresponding with the contracted agreement, the client shall be both entitled and obliged to inform the service provider immediately and request redress. The service provider shall be obliged to provide assistance within a reasonable time. Should such assistance prove impossible or inadequate, the client shall be required to obtain from the service provider in question written confirmation of the harm or damage suffered and the lack of inadequacy of the assistance provided. The service provider in question shall be obliged to furnish such confirmation, but shall not be authorized to approve any such demands for damage or compensation.
- STB shall reimburse the client for the value of contracted but not provided or poorly provided services or for any additional expenditure incurred, only if it was not possible for the service provider to supply a comparable substitute service on the spot.
- In the event of international agreements restricting liability for inadequate or non-fulfilment of contracts, STB reserves the right to apply the conditions of such agreements. Such international agreements exist predominantly in the field of transportation.
STB shall not be liable to the client if non-fulfilment of the contract can be traced to the following causes:
- Negligence on the part of the client before or during the tour
- Unforeseeable or unavoidable negligence by any third party who is not a party to the contracted provision of services.
- Acts of God or any occurrence which, despite care and attention, could not have been foreseen or avoided by STB, the intermediary or service provider. In such cases, STB shall not be liable for payment of any compensation or damages whatsoever.
Personal injury, accidents, illness in the event of personal harm, death, physical injury or illness arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the company shall assume liability only if such harm, death, physical injury or illness was occasioned by STB or service providers. Any such liability shall be subject to international agreements.
Loss or damage of property
- In the event of loss or damage of property arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the liability of STB shall be restricted to a maximum sum equal to twice the tour price, unless such damage or loss was caused intentionally or due to negligence by the client or tour participants. Amounts of any such liability shall be subject to lower limits specified by international agreements.
- The liability of travel, transport and airline companies is limited. STB therefore recommends the client to arrange for appropriate supplementary insurance cover (for example luggage, cancellations, accidents, illness, and possible repatriation costs). The all-inclusive prices quoted by STB include no insurance cover.
Entry, visa and health regulations
- STB shall not be responsible for the issuing or prolongation of any travel documents and visas. In the event of a cancellation due to the non-receipt or late receipt of a travel document, the Cancellation conditions shall apply.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction in contractual relations between you and STB, only Swiss law shall apply. In the event of any legal action against STB, notice of such action shall be submitted only to the head office of STB in Zürich, Switzerland.