The combination of the two most popular express journeys in Switzerland, spiced up with a spectacular excursion to Zermatt and the Gornergrat. A blend of awe-inspiring glaciers and dramatic alpine peaks, the ultimate taster package combination. The journey starts in the historic market town of Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland: the Bernina as well as the Glacier Express have their starting point here.
Day 1 - Arrival In Chur
Transfer by train to Chur. If time allows a guided tour of the historic city center comes highly recommended. Discover 5000 years of history in 2 hours with the free audio guide which can be downloaded in advance from the Chur Tourism website.Overnight in Chur.
Day 2 - Bernina Express Excursion
Return journey on the Bernina Express to Tirano. The legendary railway line has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site. The spectacular track with the world-renowned viaducts combines seamlessly with the pristine mountain landscape,creating the perfect balance between beautiful nature and ingenious engineering. Once you arrive in Tirano there is about an hour leisure time to explore or for a quick lunch before you travel back. Overnight in Chur.
Day 3 - Glacier Express From Chur To Brig
A fascinating rail journey on the slowest express train in the world, with unrivaled views on the 4½ hour journey from Chur to Brig. Through the impressive Rhine gorge, over the Oberalp pass (2,033m/6,670ft) and along the deep valley of the Rhone, the Glacier Express travels through an incredibly fascinating and impressive part of the Alps. Arrive in Brig in the afternoon which leaves time to explore the lovely old town with stately houses and cozy inns or visit the baroque Stockalper palace. Overnight in Brig.
Day 4 - Zermatt & Gornergrat
The world famous resort is located at the foot of the Matterhorn and can only be reached by train. The excursion to the Gornergrat is one of the most popular and truly spectacular experiences in Switzerland. The platform on the Gornergrat offers the best view towards the Matterhorn and the surrounding alpine peaks. Overnight in Brig.
Day 5 - Departure
Rail transfer to Zurich and return journey home.
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card.
- 4 nights’ accommodation in selected category.
- Daily breakfast.
- Local taxes.
- Seat reservation on Glacier Express .
- Mountain excursion Gornergrat.
- Travel documentation.
|Upgrade 1st class rail||CHF 149|
|1-Course Lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 32|
|3-Course Lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 45|
|4-Course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 50|
|Add 3-course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 13|
|Add 4-course lunch on Glacier Express||CHF 18|
|Prices per person in CHF|
|3 Star hotels, 2ND Class Rail||755||887|
|4 star hotels, 1st class Rail||1057||1181|
|With 1-course lunch on Glacier Express|
Terms & Conditions - Regular & Specialized Tours based on Swiss Travel System :
The following conditions regulate the legal relations between you (hereinafter referred to as the client) and Swiss Voyages, a brand of Swiss Travel Bureau GmbH (STB), concerning travel arrangements or other services provided by STB.
- The full travel price or balance shall be paid before commencement of the tour. In the event of payment not being received by the agreed date, we reserve the right not to provide the tour services and also to claim cancellation costs in accordance with below mentioned cancellation costs. In the event of any tour being booked less than 28 days before the date of departure, the entire tour amount shall be paid upon receipt of our confirmation. Also STB reserves the right to charge the additional costs for sending the documents overseas or depositing them at our partner counter at Swiss Airports.
- The contracted services provided by STB shall be exclusively in accordance with the services described in the tour confirmation. We shall assume no liability for any services subsequently added by other parties.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are quoted net and in Swiss Francs CHF.
- Swiss Airport + travel documents deposit fee: CHF 35.– per file (Subject to change).
- Document Handover in person with meet & greet: CHF 100
- Amendment before conclusion of contract STB shall assume no responsibility for amendments to the tour programme resulting from circumstances beyond our control, measures taken by official authorities, and delays by third parties. However, STB shall make every effort to inform the client as early as possible of any amendments to the tour programme.
- Amendment fee: CHF 100.– per file by change of travel date, change of hotel category or name change! (All subject to availability).
- The client may cancel any tour before the departure date. In such an event, STB must receive the cancellation in writing before the said date.
- The following cancellation fees shall apply:
|Up to||31 days||20%||80%|
|30 days||20 days||40%||60%|
|19 days||4 days||80%||20%|
|3 days||0 days||100%||0%|
- In the event of the client suffering harm or damages or the tour not corresponding with the contracted agreement, the client shall be both entitled and obliged to inform the service provider immediately and request redress. The service provider shall be obliged to provide assistance within a reasonable time. Should such assistance prove impossible or inadequate, the client shall be required to obtain from the service provider in question written confirmation of the harm or damage suffered and the lack of inadequacy of the assistance provided. The service provider in question shall be obliged to furnish such confirmation, but shall not be authorized to approve any such demands for damage or compensation.
- STB shall reimburse the client for the value of contracted but not provided or poorly provided services or for any additional expenditure incurred, only if it was not possible for the service provider to supply a comparable substitute service on the spot.
- In the event of international agreements restricting liability for inadequate or non-fulfilment of contracts, STB reserves the right to apply the conditions of such agreements. Such international agreements exist predominantly in the field of transportation.
STB shall not be liable to the client if non-fulfilment of the contract can be traced to the following causes:
- Negligence on the part of the client before or during the tour
- Unforeseeable or unavoidable negligence by any third party who is not a party to the contracted provision of services.
- Acts of God or any occurrence which, despite care and attention, could not have been foreseen or avoided by STB, the intermediary or service provider. In such cases, STB shall not be liable for payment of any compensation or damages whatsoever.
Personal injury, accidents, illness in the event of personal harm, death, physical injury or illness arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the company shall assume liability only if such harm, death, physical injury or illness was occasioned by STB or service providers. Any such liability shall be subject to international agreements.
Loss or damage of property
- In the event of loss or damage of property arising from incorrect or non-fulfilment of contract by STB, the liability of STB shall be restricted to a maximum sum equal to twice the tour price, unless such damage or loss was caused intentionally or due to negligence by the client or tour participants. Amounts of any such liability shall be subject to lower limits specified by international agreements.
- The liability of travel, transport and airline companies is limited. STB therefore recommends the client to arrange for appropriate supplementary insurance cover (for example luggage, cancellations, accidents, illness, and possible repatriation costs). The all-inclusive prices quoted by STB include no insurance cover.
Entry, visa and health regulations
- STB shall not be responsible for the issuing or prolongation of any travel documents and visas. In the event of a cancellation due to the non-receipt or late receipt of a travel document, the Cancellation conditions shall apply.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction in contractual relations between you and STB, only Swiss law shall apply. In the event of any legal action against STB, notice of such action shall be submitted only to the head office of STB in Zürich, Switzerland.