Day 1: Arrival in St. Moritz or Chur
Arrival in St. Moritz or Chur by train in 2nd class from any Swiss border or Swiss airport. Rest of the day at your own. Overnight in St. Moritz or Chur.
Day 2: Bernina Express to Lugano via Tirano (6h45)
Check out from your hotel after breakfast. Proceed to train station of St.Moritz or Chur at your own or hotel shuttle if available. Board the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway (Rhätische Bahn) along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy Swiss Alpine switchback train ride taking you from the magnificent glaciers down to the swaying palms of Italy. Bernina Express - the highest railway line across the Alps with its full journey includes a combination of a spectacular train journey from St.Moritz/Chur to Tirano in Italy and further on after an optional lunch break connects one with a beautiful bus ride from Tirano to Lugano in Switzerland. Proceed to your hotel at your own or hotel shuttle if available. Rest of the day free at your own. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 3: Departure from Lugano
Breakfast in the hotel. Check out from your hotel and travel to any Swiss airport or border. Or else, explore at own the city of Lugano - a charming paradise on the shores of Lake Lugano with Palm trees, romantic lake promenade and the beautiful old town. We also recommend an optional trip to Swiss Miniature Park in Melide or a scenic visit to Monte Generoso.
Price Per Person starting from:
The rates are dynamic and are subject to change marginally.
Our Price Includes :
- Swiss Travel Pass 3 days 2nd class
- Seat reservation in 2nd class Bernina Express train and coach
- 1 night in Chur or St. Moritz, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- 1 night in Lugano, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast
- 50% discount on most mountain railways, free entry at more than 500 museums (only valid on a selected travel day)