The Bernina Express, which was classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2008, runs through the ancient landscape of Switzerland’s beautiful region of Grisons. Making short work of the 55 tunnels, 196 bridges, viaducts and steep inclines the Bernina Express is not to be missed.
Day 1: Arrival Switzerland
Individual travel to the Alpine metropolis of St. Moritz, where numerous luxury hotels, spas and upscale shops can be found. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 2: Bernina Express
Board the narrow-gauge Bernina Express at St. Moritz station and enjoy one of the most impressive scenic rail journeys Switzerland has to offer. Climbing over the spectacular Bernina pass to more than 2253 m, you pass snow-covered mountain peaks and glaciers then descend towards Poschiavo and Brusio and finally reach Tirano in Italy, which is the end of the Bernina line. Change to the Bernina Express Bus, which will take you onwards to Lugano. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 3: Departure
Individual return journey.
- 1 x Rail ticket 2nd class: border/airport – St. Moritz – Tirano (IT) – Lugano – border/airport including up to 50% reductions on selected transport services (mountain railways, trains, buses and boats)
- 1 x Night stay with breakfast and city tax in St. Moritz
- 1 x Night stay with breakfast and city tax in Lugano
- 1 x Seat reservation on the Bernina Express train from St. Moritz to Tirano
- 1 x Seat reservation on the Bernina Express bus from Tirano to Lugano
- 1 x Swiss Coupon Pass
Price per person in CHF
|3 star||Season A||516||597||504|
|4 star||Season A||604||714||570|
|3 star||Season B||486||560||482|
|4 star||Season B||564||656||535|
|Season A||01.04.19 – 15.09.19|
|Season B||16.09.19 – 27.10.19|
Good To Know
|Upgrade 1st Class Rail||CHF 75|