Grand Tour Of Switzerland
Arrival in Zürich or Geneva by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or any Swiss airport. Overnight in Zürich or Geneva (your choice – pls indicate on the booking request).
Take the train to Lucerne. You will find everything here: a historical city, a lake, mountains, good shopping – a distinctive consonance of nature and work of man, which has been preserved and carefully developed for centuries. Overnight in Lucerne
Time at leisure in Lucerne. Because of its central location right on Lake Lucerne and the surrounding mountains f.ex. the impressive Mount Pilatus, Mt. Rigi – Queen of the mountains or Mount Titlis at 3020 m/10’000 ft high, Lucerne is considered to be the «Switzerland in Switzerland ». We recommend you to explore one of the mentioned mountains. See our optional excursion rates on page 27. Overnight in Lucerne.
The journey continues by train to St. Moritz which is one of the most famous holiday resorts in the world and its name is synonymous with quality and elegance. Find out all that St. Moritz is known for today, why its name is copyright protected, how it developed from its humble beginnings with pilgrims visiting its mineral sources until it became the modern center for sports competitions and extravaganza as we know it today. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Today you board the Glacier Express which is one of the great train journeys in the world. You travel from St.Moritz to Zermatt. A 7½ hour railway journey across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2’033 metres in altitude. Overnight in Zermatt.
Explore Zermatt at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. This Alpine resort is a world without cars. Electric-cars and horsedrawn sleighs and carriages are the only transport allowed. Overnight in Zermatt.
The train takes you from Zermatt to either Geneva or Zürich. Both cities offer excellent shopping and a lot more. Overnight in Geneva or Zürich (your choice – pls indicate on the booking request).
Return to Swiss border or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
|Price Per Person in CHF|
Our Price Includes:
- Swiss Card Grand Tour of Switzerland (6 transfers) in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservation for Glacier Express
- 1 night in Zürich or Geneva (your choice), room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Lucerne, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in St. Moritz, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Zermatt, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast
- 1 night in Geneva or Zürich (your choice), room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fare
Supplements Per Person:
CHF 140.– upgrading to 1st class rail
lunch on board the Glacier Express on request