Arrival in Lucerne by train 2nd class from the Swissborder or any Swiss Airport. Overnight in Lucerne.
Day at leisure. We recommend an excursion to following mountain tops: Mount Pilatus – the golden round trip or Mount Rigi – Queen of the mountains or Mount Titlis - Titlis Rotair, Ice Flyer Chairlift, Glacier Park & Cave. See optional excursion rates on page 27. Overnight in Lucerne.
The Luzern-Interlaken Express takes you over the Brünig Pass to Interlaken situated between the Lakes of Thun and Brienz and at the foot the famous trio of peaks, the Eiger, the Mönch and the Jungfrau. Overnight in Interlaken.
Scenic rail journey passing alpine forests, crystal clear mountain streams and picturesque mountain villages. Take the GoldenPass Panoramic train from Interlaken Ost to Zweisimmen and further to Montreux on the Riviera of Lake Geneva (or optional: GoldenPass Classic). Overnight in Montreux.
Rail journey to Zermatt, the famous carfree Alpine resort at the foot of the Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
From Zermatt, the popular Gornergrat Bahn, europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9.9339 km away. The train crosses impressive bridges, galleries and tunnels. On the Gornergrat viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m. Overnight in Zermatt.
Board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world. A 7½ hour rail journey takes you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Return to Swiss border or airport or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
|Price Per Person in CHF|
Our Price Includes:
- Swiss Card Discover Switzerland (7 transfers) incl. Gornergrat in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservations GoldenPass: Lucerne – Interlaken, Interlaken/Zweisimmen – Montreux
- Seat reservation Glacier Express
- n 2 nights in Lucerne, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in Interlaken, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in Montreux, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Zermatt, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast
- 1 night in St. Moritz, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fares
Supplements Per Person:
CHF 100.– upgrading to 1st class Rail.